Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reducing My Carbon Footprint

You may have noticed a new button on my sidebar saying "My Blog is Carbon Neutral". I'm always trying to be conscious of how I'm impacting the environment, so when I received an e-mail from Christin Gericke about their project in Germany to neutralize CO2 emissions by planting trees in Plumas National Forest in Northern California, I had to participate. According to the e-mail, a blog with 15,000 visitors a month generates 8 lb of CO2 emissions a year. I'm not even kind of close to that, but, hey, you never know.

It's pretty easy to do if you have a blog and want to join. You just go to the "How you can join" page of the kaufDa website, choose one of the buttons to add to your blog and write a post about the initiative (like I'm doing right now), then follow the instructions on e-mailing a link of your post to them. For each blog that participates, they plant one tree.

There you go. One tree planted. I'm doing my part to help the environment, and it was really easy. Maybe some day we'll take the girls to the National Park and visit my tree. Maybe we'll plant one in our yard this year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog