Friday, January 15, 2010

God's Theory

They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle. My middle child is currently testing this theory. I felt that a newborn, a 20 month old, and a 3 1/2 year old was enough of a challenge. She apparently disagrees and is showing me by attempting to reach every milestone in record time.
In the last five weeks since the baby was born she has started teething with her two year molars, all four of them at once, climbed out of her crib landing head first, necessitating the transition to a big girl bed and all the fighting at nap and bedtimes that ensues, learned to open the refrigerator and get out yogurt, necessitating a lock on the refrigerator, discovered my spice rack and emptied a few new containers on the ground necessitating relocation for their protection, and now strips after, or as of today, immediately before, going to the bathroom. She pooped on the floor twice today. Once, I figured out what was going on and was carrying her to the bathroom, so she also pooped on me.

Well, God, I have news for you, a newborn and potty training are too much for me to handle. So, I refuse to potty train. She isn't 2 yet, she's still my little toddler, and I plan on keeping her that way for a while longer. So, go ahead and bring it, but I may choose not to rise to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog